Choosing a dress for the mother of the bride is never easy. But what’s even more complicated is choosing accessories that go with the dress. One of the dilemmas is should the mother of the bride wear a hat or not? A hat can significantly improve your overall look or it can create complications for you if you are not comfortable with it. We have put together a list of points which you should consider before deciding on it.
- Are you comfortable wearing a hat? – A lot of people usually don’t wear a hat in their day to day life, thus wearing it on a particular day can make it quite uncomfortable. You need to be careful while choosing a hat. Weddings can be a long affair, make sure your hat is comfortable and you can wear it for a longer period of time. There are plenty of options to choose from, you can browse them online or go to a boutique. It’s always a good idea to try them on before you buy them. Plan in advance and don’t leave it for too late.
- How’s the weather like? – Whether you should wear a hat or not also depends on the weather. If the wedding is in summers and the sun is out, then you are more likely to wear a hat. If it’s a winter wedding and the sun isn’t out, then it would not make sense to put on one as it might look too extravagant.
- It’s all about pictures – Wedding is once a lifetime affair and you would want to savour the memories and make sure you look your best in wedding pictures. Make sure the hat isn’t too big which is covering your face and shoulders. A normal size hat would do wonders.
- Style of the wedding – Typically the bride & groom would decide the dress code and the style of the wedding. If the theme requires key members to wear a hat, then the mother of the bride should definitely get one.
- Go with your style – Last but not least. Go with a style of hat that suits you. The most important things to remember is that you are wearing a hat and not the other way around. Be comfortable and confident.