Read This Before You Make Your Wedding Guest List.
Let’s face it. Everyone who has got married or is about to get married has faced the dilemma of whom should they include in their wedding guest list. A wedding is an event, it’s the biggest celebration of your life and you want to celebrate it with as many people as you can. But hang on, before you jump the gun and invite the whole town, it is important to read these 5 points below which would help you to make a proper list of people you should invite.
- What’s your budget? – Decide your budget and then decide your guest list. Don’t go the other way around. Most venues would charge you per person. More invitations mean more expenditure so it is important to decide a budget and stick to it. This would help you in narrowing down your wedding guest list and you would actually think critically about who should make the cut and who should not.
- Venue Capacity? – Another important point to consider is the capacity of the chosen venue. Before making the wedding list, make sure you enquire how many people can the venue accommodate. The Last thing you want is a sea of people in a limited amount of space.
- Who should be on the list? – Deciding on who should be on the list should be a matter of discussion between you and your partner. Make sure you and your partner get to invite an equal number of people. The immediate family should definitely be on top of the list. You can then move on to your family circle like Uncle & Aunts. Be careful when you invite people in your family circle though, if you invite one, you might feel pressured to invite all of them. Last but not the least, close friends. What’s a celebration without friends? Make sure you invite your close friends without whom you would not want to get married.
- Who else? – People who have invited you or your partner to their wedding in the last 18 months should definitely be on the list.
- Who can be left out? – People you know but have not been in touch with for a while can be left out. You also need to decide whether you want to invite children to your wedding or not. If your decision is no, then that should apply to all. Make your decision and stick to it.
So there you have it. A few points to consider before you make your wedding list. Last but not the least, it’s your wedding and make sure you celebrate it with your loved ones.